Friday 7 September 2012

Philippines

I don't really care if it's not one of those oh-I-am-an-avid-traveller sort of a place to visit, or that it's apparently a poor country.. So they say about India, so I really want to visit and see for myself. Because, all I have looked up and heard is that it's a gorgeous, gorgeous place. Oh, and check out the skyline in the financial capital.. Come again, how is it poor?

Okay, so moving onto why exactly the fixation of Philippines took shape.. I have a friend, who has a friend in turn.. She's been to that country a lot of times and she's never seen a more beautiful place. I take her word for it! The descriptions she shares.. I am in love. It's not really a very in your face touristy place, so that's a real pull as well.

Firstly, it's an island country. That's a win-win for me. 7,107 islands. Each with a beautiful beach. Imagine that, friend. The typical island boasts a jungle-clad, mountainous interior and a sandy coastline flanked by aquamarine waters and the requisite coral reef. The best part is.. with all these islands, you can sometimes feel that you are on an island of your own! That's like Lost, minus being lost, ofcourse.

The Visayas are one place which fulfill the cliche dreams of a sun kissed beach and nature's paradise. Now, what's the fun if we don't fulfill some cliche needs? The beaches are white and palm fringed, the locals fish in the turquoise waters, and what excites me is the fact that you can island hop from there, as it's supposed to be really easy to hire a boat or a raft and find your own little island.

To compensate for the museum knowledge.. or lack of it, I do know about Vigan. It's one of the only towns to escape the World War II bombings and is like a part of Spain in Philippines. Plus five.

Kitesurfing..Kayaking.. I haven't forgotten them. What's left to say? The adrenalin rush is something to be experienced, and not talked about.

See you in Manila, fellas :)

2 comments:

Jaideep said...

Hmmm. Don't really know a lot about this country! But, by your description sounds pretty beautiful! :)
Hope to go there!

Anonymous said...

Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions.Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.