Wednesday 22 August 2012

Leh

I think it's every 20-something-from-India's dream to visit that place. A lot of us do fulfill that dream, but I'm afraid we aren't one of them. Firstly, it's a part of our homeland, and that's what makes it a million times more cooler than any other reason.

Leh's a beautiful amalgamation of natural beauty and a melting pot of various verticals of cultural heritage. It has a royal lining to it, as it was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh. It was one of the important stopovers in the trade route between Tibet and India.. Yes, the famous Silk Route! :) Leh has a heavy Buddhist influence, and there are atleast three very famous Buddhist temples. I love Buddhist temples. They are peaceful, have a certain calm about them.. and isn't that what we crave for? Some peace? Far from the crazy city life? Also, I follow a certain sect of Buddhism, and it has a magnetic force attached to it, in my opinion. So, I really want to visit them and absorb the peace the temples exude.

Pangong Tso! I SO want to visit this high altitude lake with deep blue waters, surrounded by mountain peaks. It's like a piece of heaven right here on earth. This place is so damn gorgeous looking, just in the photographs itself.. I wonder how gorgeous it would be in reality. Just look at the vast expanse of the never ending serene waters. Geeee! I can't help but grin at this beautiful picture. Also, there's white water rafting somewhere. I want to gather the courage and experience the thrill of something that wonderful.

Obviously I also want to see the War Museum of the Indian Army. The weaponry, the Siachen battlefield display.. I want to see all of that and feel proud of being an Indian!

Also, I learnt about a fun Donkey Sanctuary! A fitting tribute to the most abused yet the most hard working animals on the planet.  

1 comment:

Mohit Udhwani said...

Nice post.
Even i wish to visit it soon :)