Sunday 19 August 2012

Italy

Florence..Rome..Venice.. Milan.. Tuscany..

Gorgeous, gorgeous locales. Not to forget the scrumptious pasta!

Why Italy?


Eat Pray Love was the final read that I needed to put this locale on my list of places to surely visit. This woman makes you want to jump, skip, hop, run all the way to Europe. Italian. The language sounds so beautiful.. (it might turn out to be a pain because I don't really speak Italian!) but I love they way they roll their tongue.. the words come out a like little lemon tarts. Tangy yet delicious. I am a big foodie so I almost worship places with a rich heritage of gastronomical delights. I cannot wait to lay my hands on some authentic pasta..straight from the pasta land! Gelato ice-creams. Wines. I want to take tours of wineries, visit Naples and dunk myself into pizzas and walk through those streets to 'discover' my own type of cafe. Doesn't that sound heavenly?


And, seriously. Who doesn't wanna marvel at the Leaning Tower of Pisa and get funny pictures clicked? Who doesn't wanna step right inside the Colosseum and absorb the Roman heritage? I've wanted to visit that place ever since I couldn't even pronounce the name. The magnificence of that place is absolutely breathtaking. I wonder how may times will it multiply when I am actually there. I want to visit the monumental cathedrals, gape at the panels, absorb the beauty of the stained glasses. I want to roam the streets of Rome and feel envious of the beautiful Italian women.

Oh. Museums. I love visiting museums. So much to learn..so much to imagine. I have, have to visit the National Archeology Museum of Naples. This museum houses world's best collections of Greek and Roman antiquities, including mosaics, sculptures, and a collection of Roman erotica from Pompeii. There is a SECRET CABINET as well!!I love secrets. Only when I am a part of them, that is.

The quirky, romantic towns and unique styles are somethings I want to experience :)

No comments: