Monday 20 August 2012

United Kingdom

United Kingdom

So, continuing with Europe, the place I would really wanna visit is United Kingdom. Yes, not just England. The whole United Kingdom consisting of Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland along with Ireland. It has been THE DREAM place for me ever since I started read Enid Blyton novels when I was really very young.

At the age of 10, my mother enrolled me into the British Council Library. Those were actually the best days of my life. :)
I am a very avid reader and i just LOVE novels. And the 'Famous Five' and 'Secret Seven' series were the first english novels that I had read! And, oh boy, were they beautiful or what!? Such moderately realistic stories and plots. And, most importantly, such a beautiful portrayal of the scenic countryside of the wonderful country of Great Britain. I was so much in awe about these places just by reading these books...
Then, I moved onto novels such as  "Sherlock Holmes" and the most famous "Harry Potter" books. And, they just increased my love for the country. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle introduced me to the moors present in the countryside. And, what scenic beauty they brought! The lakes, rivers, streamlets, farms, green beautiful hills. All of this appeals to me just like heaven on earth. After reading the Harry Potter novels (I am a huge fan of this series) I just can't wait to go the King's Cross station and stand in between platforms 9 or 10. I just want to roam around London and find out where is the darn Diagon Alley.

After all of these things influence by the novels, lets come to something more practical. SPORTS!
And, more importantly to Manchester United . I am a HUGE FAN. You can't even imagine how huge a fan I am! It is like one of my life's goals to be able to visit Old Trafford and watch a match. Believe me I will do anything and everything to achieve that! It is such a hallowed ground. The museum inside the stadium tells a lot about the history and heritage of the Biggest and Best Club in the world! I just wait and wait for the day when I can enter that huge ground and able to see the trophy cabinet! WOW! Would it be beautiful or what?! Besides Manchester United, I would also like to visit London and all the clubs that are there... (Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, etc) And, in London I would really love to visit the 'All England Club'. More famously known as 'Wimbledon'! :D The only Tennis Grand Slam to be played on a grass court. It is so darn CLASSY. Everyone has to wear white clothes. Suits, Jackets, Trousers. I really love the royal feel that white colour portrays..

After this exhaustive trip of London and Manchester, I would love to visit the interior of the country. The various counties of Derby, Essex, etc. Just to look at the greenery. And the silence. Away from the hustle bustle of the city life. The royal churches and palaces. Scotland. The beautiful green country. The various historic ruins present there! Then would like to go the various ports of the country. Southampton, Portsmouth. The stillness. The view of water colliding with the land. Its so very enticing and soothing to the eyes!

Who in his correct mind would not want to visit such beautiful places and marvel at such natural and man made beauty. If I ever have the opportunity, and the money, the one place I would definitely be going to, would be United Kingdom.

No comments: